Old 15-06-2007, 12:08 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Angela Lamb Angela Lamb is offline

Default OK - the first pond starts tomorrow

In article , ~ jan
writes
Having my own wrestling matches with yellow iris today. Since they spend
most of the summer in fish pots they really didn't grow much the last
couple of years, but oh my.... did they grow just this spring, they split
and ate the baskets, small hexagon size ones. To get them loose I had to
destroy the basket the rest of the way. The very last one I gave up as I
had plenty plus from the 1st two.

The pots by the front door now are sporting the iris and the floating
islands in 2 of the pots, the 3rd pot I decided to do iris and one of the
canna divides.

I'm in for a snack and then back out to do more iris wrestling, the lily
pond ones. Those won't be so bad... and the yellow one out there, I'm
seriously thinking of not putting it back in. Just how much yellow iris
does one pond person need? ;-) ~ jan

My yellow iris have gone berserk this year too! They have suddenly taken
over a third of the pond! I may not get around to thinning them though -
I am moving house next month!

Angela.