Old 15-06-2007, 04:05 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default How do you design a pond that won't overflow in heavy rain?

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 20:54:33 CST, wrote:

I am planning to dig a small pond probably about 8 ft by 6 ft. It will have
a small waterfall and a skimmer. In heavy rain, is there a way to keep the
pond from overflowing?

When I was building I was advised to build an overflow point that went
between stones as opposed to an open chute the fish could swim out.
As important as overflow, don't build in such a way as to allow
rainwater run off to flow into the pond either.

Regards,

Hal