Old 18-06-2007, 03:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Anonymous Anonymous is offline

Default Hanging Strawberry Plant - Small Fruit

Good Day All!

About a month ago, we purchased a hanging strawberry plant from a local
nursery. All berries the first couple of weeks were great. Everything
since has been very small, smaller than a dime.

The plant is grown in some type of hydroscopic gel, which mulch. We have
limited the runners to six, and daughters on each runner to two (as directed
by the instructions with the plant). We water daily, and have fertilized
once.

Does anybody know what I should do to increase the berry size?

Thank you,

Tim
Southern New Jersey (Zone 6)