Old 18-06-2007, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
A. Paul. Ing A. Paul. Ing is offline

Default Gas buildup in my substrate

Not a biggie..........go to Wal Mart or Walgreens and buy some Bean-O
and toss 2 pill per 10 gal water and the gas will be gone! Rolaids
Soft Chews w/gas relief may also help get rid of that bloated feeling.

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 22:58:18 -0600, Dax MIckelson
wrote:

Hello all. I've had a fish tank for most of my life. Recently I've
decided to create a tank that is mostly plants with some supportive fish.

I've created a substrate that is composed of vermiculite and soil (50/50
and about 2-3 inches deep) topped by about 1/2 inch of general purpose
sand. My plants are growing well and showing good color and my fish
look healthy too. HOWEVER, my substrate has swelled about 1/2 to 1
inch. If I push on it a ton of gas bubbles come out. Is this a bad thing?