Old 18-06-2007, 02:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Voodoo Lily blooming - File 4 of 4 - voodoo lily 3.JPG (1/1)

"Mary Fisher" wrote in
t:

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote in news:4675985b$0$761
:

"FragileWarrior" wrote in
message ...

That's WEIRD!

Mary

Smells like rotting garbage, too. When the big one blooms, someone
is going to think they buried a corpse in their yard.

When I was in Puget Sound my friend and host showed me skunk cabbage.
I thought it must be a local plant or at least a New World one but
when I got home I found some in a park pond only a mile from where I
live!

Mary

Amazing, isn't it? Of course, if you subscribe to the Earth's "floating
plates" theory, the UK and Puget Sound were probably part of the same
neighborhood long, long ago.

BTW, the Voodoo Lily is carnivorous. I don't know if I mentioned that in
here or not.