Old 18-06-2007, 05:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Voodoo Lily blooming - File 4 of 4 - voodoo lily 3.JPG (1/1)

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message

When I was in Puget Sound my friend and host showed me skunk cabbage.
I thought it must be a local plant or at least a New World one but
when I got home I found some in a park pond only a mile from where I
live!

Mary

Amazing, isn't it?

The only amazing aspect is that I used to know a lot about our native flora
but hadn't come across it before.

BTW, the Voodoo Lily is carnivorous. I don't know if I mentioned that in
here or not.

Nor do I but it doesn't surprise me.

Mary