Old 30-03-2003, 08:20 PM
Rod

Default How critical is the oil/petrol ratio for a 2 stroke engine?

"Jon Weaver" wrote in message om...
I have a McCulloch strimmer which takes a 40:1 petrol/oil mix.
However, I asked my local lawnmower maintainer about this and was told
that it should be spot on 40:1.. To much or too little oil is just as
bad for the engine.

Is this really true?

iirc this is what McCulloch dealers are told to say. Too much oil isn't a big deal - too little could be. Quality of oil
is important. Engine maker's oil (any maker) is usually OK at 40 or 50:1. Cheap no name - oil follow the instruction on
the can often 25:1 and smelly ;~(((

Rod