Old 30-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Tumbleweed

Default Growing fruit Cherries

"AWM" wrote in message
I live close to the clyde valley soft growing area and spring flowering
cherry trees do exceptionally well in my local area , but I have seen
various cherry varieties intended for fruit in my local Homebase -- what
are the pit falls ?

One word. Birds. I have had one cherry off our cherry tree in the 9 years I
have lived in my house. I'd advise something else if the idea is to eat them
(the cherries, not the birds. If you want to eat birds, then cherries will
do well for attracting them)

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)