Old 24-06-2007, 06:27 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bill Stock Bill Stock is offline

Default Liner in Southern Ontario?

I'm starting to look at the liner for my small expansion and I'm getting a
bit of sticker shock.

The new pond will NOT be that much bigger than the old one, so I was
surprised when liner size started coming out in the neighbourhood of 20x22.
I'll go with 20x25 to be safe, but I suspect 20x20 would still leave me with
a butt load of extra.

So the quotes are around $300, which I guess I can live with. But the
shipping looks like the real sticky part. One place has this big disclaimer
about going to the truck terminal or giving up an arm for a curbside
delivery (your forklift required) or giving up both legs for a tailgate
curbside delivery.

So has anyone in Mississauga picked up a liner this size locally, without
all the hassles? ie. does some place like Canadian Tire or Home Depot carry
liner this big?