Old 25-06-2007, 09:07 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Doug Brown Doug Brown is offline

Default Liner in Southern Ontario?

Look for a commercial roofing company and buy 45 mil EPDM roofing material.
Should be a whole lot cheaper. I bought my liner from a commercial roofer
about 10 years ago and it has been completely trouble free.

You might try the following company, Vic West , they are not in Mississauga
but Oakville isn't that far.
OAKVILLE - Manufacturing & Sales Office
1296 South Service Road West
Oakville, ON L6L 5T7
Tel.: (905) 825-2252
(800) 387-7135
Fax: (905) 825-2272
E-mail:

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I'm starting to look at the liner for my small expansion and I'm getting a
bit of sticker shock.

The new pond will NOT be that much bigger than the old one, so I was
surprised when liner size started coming out in the neighbourhood of
20x22. I'll go with 20x25 to be safe, but I suspect 20x20 would still
leave me with a butt load of extra.

So the quotes are around $300, which I guess I can live with. But the
shipping looks like the real sticky part. One place has this big
disclaimer about going to the truck terminal or giving up an arm for a
curbside delivery (your forklift required) or giving up both legs for a
tailgate curbside delivery.

So has anyone in Mississauga picked up a liner this size locally, without
all the hassles? ie. does some place like Canadian Tire or Home Depot
carry liner this big?