Old 25-06-2007, 04:28 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Anne Lurie Anne Lurie is offline

Default Brazilian Ground Cover - grand pere?

How about Ground Pear, rather than Grand Pere?

As far as I can tell, Ground Pear refers to a potato, although I'm not sure
exactly which one.

This website might help to explain it:
http://fanguide2006.yum.de/en/deutsc...en/extrawissen (German
website, but in English).

Anne

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was recently in the rain forest of Rio (Brazil) and saw a beautiful
plant that the local guide referred to as Grand Pere. I can find no
references to this plant on the web. Has anybody ever heard of this
plant and know the correct botanical name?
Thanks