Old 25-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Gary P Gary P is offline
Registered User

Default What's eating my beetroot?

What eats beetroot in the UK?

Mine is suddenly being demolished, I've had several nearly the size of tennis balls almost completely eaten.

I've never had this problem before despite growing them for several years, (it's the globes not the leaves ).

I can see the scrape marks from the teeth / beak.

I know we have mice in the garden.. I see them on the compost, but I think considering the amount that is disappearing the culprit must be bigger... how much could mice eat ?

Do woodpigeons eat beetroot? ... what about squirrels...

We've had all these things in the garden for years without a major problem, so should I suspect that we have rats?

Has anyone else has a similar problem?

Thanks Gary