Old 26-06-2007, 04:22 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
G Pearce G Pearce is offline

Default Liner in Southern Ontario?

PVC does exactly what your experience shows up here in the "North" - it gets
brittle and cracks in the freezing temps - my EPDM liner is 12 yrs old - no
leak other than the waterfall, which I have to adjust for each year to
control ( cut too short at installation and have been paying for it since )
Gale :~)

I use the PVC liner that came with one of those Beckett kits at Home Depot
and I think it has a small leak after 4 years since I lose a lot of water
near the top.

Next year I was planning on making my pond deeper and making sure I add a
depression for draining and easy cleaning.

I will keep in mind about this EPDM liner as I was going to use the PVC
stuff again.

A quick search on E-bay gives me prices under $100 for that size of EPDM
liner or I was just approach a roofing company and they will cut you a
piece for a reasonable price.