Old 27-06-2007, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
.D.E. .D.E. is offline

Default green water

After changing my substrate to RedSea Flourish, my tank has been cloudy and
a dust has been settling on everything. I did rinse the gravel lightly,
against what the bag recommended.
I've had the tank for 6 years now and haven't ANY of these problems.

Parameters:
NO3: 12.5
NO2: .1
Ammonia: 0
Phos: 0
PH 6.8
Iron: 0

40% water change, nothing added. Water still pea green.

66 gallon tank.

These problems started AFTER I replaced the substrate with Red Sea Flora
Base Plant Substrate
The water remained cloudy, plants seem to be covered in some sort of dust
all the time.

Did the black out thing for 5 days. Water looked a little better. Only 80
watts of light on the tank now. Water turning green again.

Suggestions?

--
Later.