Old 27-06-2007, 10:40 AM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
[email protected] amacmil304@aol.com is offline

Default Now even spiders, squid and lobsters could have rights, and about time too!

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:27:06 GMT, "Dutch" wrote:

wrote
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:08:10 GMT, Rudy Canoza

If animals had the same rights as humans it wouldn't prevent them
being killed by our lifestyles - just as humans are - but some could
be saved.

Animals are not killed "just as humans are", not even remotely.

They are for oil as in Iraq. And what in your room or office does not
depend on oil?

Animals are
killed systematically, deliberately and in great numbers with very little
effort to mitigate their suffering, except in the case of livestock. Human
deaths are rare by comparison, and great efforts are taken to avoid them.
Yes, we could save some animals from being killed, but there's no particular
reason why we should choose to save the ones we use for food and other
useful products.

Lets have some specifics in detail. You're contradicting yourself
above.

So we all kill animals and humans and that's why your argument is
crap.

That is a lame response.

Not at all; it's fact.

Angus Macmillan