Old 27-06-2007, 11:09 AM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
[email protected] amacmil304@aol.com is offline

Default Now even spiders, squid and lobsters could have rights, and about time too!

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:08:10 GMT, Rudy Canoza
wrote:

self-marginalized angie girl wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:06:31 GMT, Rudy Canoza
wrote:

self-marginalized angie girl wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:43:31 GMT, "Dutch" wrote:
self-marginalized angie girl wrote
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 20:10:03 GMT, Rudy Canoza
wrote:
[..]
You claim to support animal "rights", but your daily
behavior proves you do not.
Not at all. For the reasons I have already given.
What are those reasons?
Read my previous posts.
They provide nothing material.

But humans have rights and we the UK have killed tens of thousands of
them in the past few years in Iraq.
Not comparable to the way you participate in the
killing of animals.
So do you think the humans in Iraq have no rights? That figures.
You can't escape your willing complicity in the systematic killing of
animals by farmers by pointing out that wars kill people.
[..]
Not only wars kill people. Traffic kills people but not
intentionally.
That doesn't excuse your complicity in the systematic killing of animals in
agriculture. There are choices, albeit hard ones, that you COULD make which
would all but eliminate that complicity. The same cannot be said for traffic
deaths or casualties of war. That's why that argument is not genuine. It's a
diversion.
It isn't a real argument at all; it's a _tu quoque_, a fallacy.
See my other response.
Your other response, of course, was bullshit,
self-marginalized little angie girl. It had at its
core a fallacy: _tu quoque_. Rather than address your
FAILURE to abide by your so-called "ethical" beliefs,
angie girl, you instead tried to accuse your accuser of
the same failure. That isn't a "response", angie girl
- that's bullshit.

Of course it is

Yes, of course it is, angie girl - it's all you write.
You are utterly unable to defend your silly,
feminine, poorly thought out and hysteria-based animal
"rights" position, so instead you scribble some snarky
sarcastic bullshit. That's all you can do, angie girl.

What I wrote was:"Of course it is; you write it all the time."

You're wallowing in your own mire.

If animals had the same rights as humans it wouldn't prevent them
being killed by our lifestyles - just as humans are - but some could
be saved.

So we all kill animals and humans and that's why your argument is
crap.

Angus Macmillan
www.roots-of-blood.org.uk
www.killhunting.org