Old 19-10-2002, 10:25 PM

Default LowPlacesInLawn

"racerboy" wrote:
What is the best way to fill in low places in a lawn. The low places
were

caused by a new gas line installed app.15 years ago so it is a straight
line. Is it possible to place top soil on the low places in the spring,
will the grass grow through the top soil? I have Zoyzia grass and the low
spots are from 3 to 5 inches below the rest of the lawn.
Thanks in advance

You can use topsoil for the fill but it costs more,and will settle more
than a fill dirt will. If it's a long run(gas line) I'd look at using some
fill dirt first,and then about an inch of topsoil on top,just to help the
grass to germinate/spread. If it's a short run,the topsoil will be much
easier to move and distibute.

--
God Bless America - http://members.aol.com/flyitproudly/flag.html

go #40 Usenet Newsgroup Service