Old 01-07-2007, 08:47 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] shelly159@gmail.com is offline

Default Tomato disease

On 2007-06-20, Kira Dirlik !! wrote:
Symptoms: the leaf started turning a purply black color.
Eventually the leaf was dry and crumbled.
I usually get wilt, eventually, but that always starts at the
Kira

I don't know either. Did you introduce anything new to your garden that
could have brought this in?
I would not do that action. If it does not happen to another plant or
stops on that plant you may be ok. Watchful waiting may be the only
thing you can do and hope it is a fluke .

Thanks, Wes. So far it has not spread, but I have a pepper plant that
is showing signs of something that basically wiped out my peppers last
year. Peppers were always my greatest achievement. Apparently
it is something in the soil.
I occasionally buy plants from nurseries, and maybe that is how some
nasty stuff has been introduced.
Oh well... deer, moles, and now the squirrels have declared WAR upon
me and all my plants (retaliation for having water bombed them on my
bird feeder).
Kira

Well, I'm new here and I love growing tomatoes and it sounds like we
grow the same ones. My plants got that once and I saw a few bugs that
looked suspicious...actually I really don't know what caused it but
mine look fine this year.