Old 02-07-2007, 06:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
Lilah Morgan Lilah Morgan is offline

Default How well do bat houses work?

Because I had been hearing noise in the 'green' room that was an add-on to
this place(mobile home) and I thought it was rats/mice(the walls on the
inside, when it was added on, they put insulation in, but nothing covering
it, and we've got stuff to fix that, but it's a 2person job, and mom's been
gone most of last few months staying in town), but tonight mom and I just
happened to be outside next to that room, and I heard the noises again, and
mentioned it to mom, and by the time we started counting all the bats that
flew out, we got to 215/216 before they stopped coming out and the noise
stopped as well. I was just...I couldn't believe it. I figure 2 or 3 dozen
at least flew out before we started counting, so that's probably at least
250 bats living in the walls. And I want them outside...I don't mind them
living on the property, just in their own houses, not OURS!