Old 02-07-2007, 07:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Lar Lar is offline

Default How well do bat houses work?

Lilah Morgan wrote:
"Jack Schmidling" wrote in message

How much of an occurence is it for bats to carry rabies anyways? Joxer's
been an inside cat since before his last rabies vaccination expired, and as
far as I knew, no exposure to any critter that was a possible carrier(there
are no mice/rats here, not he even tries to be a hunter anymore), since it
requres him getting off his nice comfy spot on the couch. But now with all
these bats, I don't want to take any chances. He will get his vaccination
current.

Can vary year to year, 4%-11% of the bats tested that were gathered by
the public...1%, usually less than 1%, of the bats that were collected
in the wild in the form of random studies.

Lar