Old 02-07-2007, 07:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
Lilah Morgan Lilah Morgan is offline

Default How well do bat houses work?

"Lar" wrote in message

Can vary year to year, 4%-11% of the bats tested that were gathered by
the public...1%, usually less than 1%, of the bats that were collected
in the wild in the form of random studies.

Lar

Ok thank you. On a side note, went to make sure all the hens were in the
coop so I could toss the roosters out(they roam the yard during the day
anyway, and one of the roosters, wasn't as content for me just to pick them
up and put them out of the coop, got loose and ran around the coop running
into anything it could. The fence around the coop yard, the 'wall/door'
between the roosting area and the coop yard, the walls inside the roosting
area, the door to the yard, anything...was kinda funny...rooster obviously
wasn't too smart, eventually I just opened the door and it ran out into the
yard, still squawking it's head off.