Old 02-07-2007, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
middleton.walker middleton.walker is offline

Default Newby tomato question

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"Mel" wrote in message
.uk...
I have tomato plants both inside the greenhouse and outside. The ones
inside have set and are getting quite big but the ones outside are only
just starting. i shouldn't worry yet.
Mel.

Yes, I noticed some eating sized (but still green) ones in the greenhouse
this morning.

I've never shaken a tomato yet! Well, not deliberately, I suppose i must
have caused movement when tying them to stakes or winding string round
them.

Mary

Unfortunately I no longer have a greenhouse so must resort to starting
tomatoes in the cellar ...start the early ones around the end of february
and plant outside under a small plastic tent in mid May...to date have
picked two beauties...one around 10 ounces and the other around twenty
ounces...one slice make a beauty of a sandwich....H