Old 02-07-2007, 05:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lilah Morgan Lilah Morgan is offline

Default How well do bat houses work?

"Jack Schmidling" wrote in message

You obviously live in a place where colonial bats do live and I envy
you. It is possible to coax them out and into a new bathouse. If you
have that many, it will be a serious project and I suggest that you
contact Bat Conservation International ( Google BCI) for help.

I don't know where you live and could only guess at the possible species
but the first thing you need to do is identify them as there are a
number of species on the endangered list.

Merlin Tuttle is the director and we know him well so say hi for us if
you talk to him.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Jack Schmidling

I will check them out when I go to the library this afternoon and have
internet access there(well lemme rephrase that, I have internet access here,
I just can't do anything but newsgroups). And will keep you posted. They
were small dark bats, I figure maybe at best 18inches from wingtip to
wingtip. Anymore I couldn't really tell you, it was dusk so I could see them
and that was about it.