Old 03-07-2007, 08:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] tombates@city-net.com is offline

Default Second planting of peas

On Jul 3, 1:34 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

I live in Pittsburgh PA, and was wondering when would be a good time
to plant a second crop of snow peas. I have tried in the past, and it
seems as if I did not have good germination. July's normal temperature
is usually in the lower 80s, but we can have days in the 90s also.
Does higher temperatures affect the germination rate?

I had my very first garden in Rochester. I was a student at RIT, and
the school plowed an area near the married student apartments so
students could plant gardens. It was the best garden I ever had. The
summer was dry, and I was too cheap to buy a hose, so I carried
buckets of water to my garden. Having arrived in Rochester in December
from California, it was hard for me to believe that Rochester had any
color other than white. But once spring had sprung, it was fun to see
all the people heading to the garden center for their seeds, and
things.

Tom