Old 06-07-2007, 01:04 PM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
ontheroad ontheroad is offline

Default Now even spiders, squid and lobsters could have rights, and about time too!

"Rupert" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 6, 2:33 pm, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

ps.com...

On Jul 6, 12:16 pm, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

groups.com...

On Jul 5, 1:40 pm, "ontheroad" wrote:

snip

====================
How many did you save? Remember, the first claim was yours, that
being
vegan saved animals.

Well, that's a good question. I don't know exactly. Probably about
20
per year if you count chickens. I haven't got any particular
interest
in proving to you that I'm doing a good job of saving animals. I'm
more interested in just getting on with the job. If you're going to
try and argue that I'm not doing that good a job, it's your job to
make your case.
=======================

That's my point. You are holding yourself back because you follow
only
your
simple rule for your simple mind. Say the chickens are 5 pounds, and
about
1000
calories per pound. 100,000 calories. What did you eat in place of
that?
Rice?
potatoes? Bananas? How many animals died for the production of
those
replacements?
10? 20? 1000? Do you care? Your actions say no.

Yes, I do care. I think I am making every reasonable effort under the
circumstances to reduce my impact on animals. I think that it would be
very difficult to get reliable information about what choices would
reduce my impact further, and I think the gains would be trivial.

But in any case, I really don't care about your opinion. I'm not
interested in proving to you that I care about animals, or in meeting
the standards that you for some reason think I should meet, even
though you yourself don't meet them. Your contempt is really of no
interest to me. I think it's absurd. We're here to discuss animal
ethics, not your opinion of me.

Bearing in mind that the electricity I use is produced by solar
panels.

=======================
We've been through this bs before, killer. Skipping the fact that
don't
believe you,

Well, that's pitiful desperation. If you're going to criticize
someone's lifestyle when you don't know the facts, you can't just
say
"I don't believe you" when they tell you the facts. If you're going
contest what I say you've got to give some reason for thinking that
you've got access to a more reliable source than me.

since you're already a proven liar,

Absolute nonsense. I've never told a single lie here and you know
it.

your use of the internet, and the
demands you are part of go
far beyond the electric your computer uses.

Yes, I discussed this argument of yours. I don't buy it. No
advertiser
is going to give Google more money unless I actually click on one of
their advertisements.

=========================
Again, fool, the ad strawman is just that, your strawman. I'm not
talking
about ads ata all, killer.
That you are too stupid to understand the workings of usnet is quite
obvious, hypocrite.

Elaborate on the mechanism by which my usenet use increases the
expected number of animals who will die. You've given no clue as to
what this mechanism is. Put up or shut up.
======================

I have killer, many times. Your willful ignorance and terminal stupidity
demand that you refuse to undersatnd reality.

No, you haven't, not once. If you have, show me where.

That you continue to ignore
your entertainment
impacts on animals is quite amusing to watch, killer.

It's quite amusing to watch your pitiful efforts to find any impact
at
all coming from my usenet use.

=====================
Yes, it is amusing watching you tap dance. That you are willfully
ignorant
in your impact
has been shown time and again...

You've given no hint as to what the mechanism is whereby my usenet
usage increases the expected number of animals who will die. Which
means you've got nothing. All you can do is mindlessly hurl insults.
It really is quite pathetic.

==============
I have many times fool.

Saying it doesn't make it so. You've never once given any explanation
of how my usenet usage is going to cause more fish to die. Stop the
mindless abuse and just answer the question, if you can. Or admit that
you've got no justification for your claims.

You can't understand apparently, killer. Why do
you insist that the power consumption demands you place on usenet end at
the
end of your power plug, fool?

Because you can't hold me responsible for what Google et al. do. What
they do is their business, I can't influence it. They're not going to
change their behaviour on my account unless they have some reasonable
prospect of financial reward. If you think there's some mechanism
whereby I can influence their behaviour, specify what it is. Contrary
to your lies you've never done this.

What is your obcession with google? You a shill for them, like you are the
petro-chemical industry? I never once talkied about google or ads. Those
are your strawmen, killer.... Try to keep up, and learn about the internet,
hypocrite. If you're going to kill animals for your entertainment, you
might as well know it. Of course, you already do, that's why you insis on
discussing your strawmen, eh killer?