Old 06-07-2007, 10:11 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob Bob is offline

Default Looking for experienced person with Scag

I have been evaluating mowers for the last three weeks and have
found a lot of info' about various brands, some good but a lot not
so good.

I thought I was interested in a Cub Cadet zero turn with a steering
wheel instead of two handle bars. After reading and looking at
them, this is out for me - deck quite flimsy, poorly built. I
think, but may be wrong, that it is made by MTD, which is generally
a cheaply built machine, but not too bad for the price.

So far, the Scag Freedom Z has caught my attention. Very pricy at
$5300, but certainly well built, convenient controls and something
that should last me for the rest of my life (I'm 73).

I'd like to hear from those who have a Scag and particularly the
Freedom Z model. I'd appreciate your comments - good or bad, as
well as other comments.

Thanks in advance, Bob-tx