Old 31-03-2003, 05:08 PM
lms

Default Colour of roses best roses for Albuquerque, NM

In article ,
says...

lms wrote:
In article ,
says...

lms wrote:

Fire Meidelland

Fire Engine Red, some people say. ...

I liked the name, of course, and just want to believe.

It is better to believe in names of roses sometimes.

Geranium Red, my own root rose from Amity Heritage Roses, produces roses
that are really the red of the Geraniums.

pelargonium, I believe. That's what makes Trumpeter the color it is. I
grow the hybrid moyesii Geranium, it doesn't remind me of geraniums.

You like that pearly sort of shell pink colour, right. It works well for
me too. I really like it in Souvenir de St. Anne's.

Sheer Bliss, star rose.

Am not sure if SdSA
will survive in your climate, but it is a great rose, especially for its
colour and fragrance and sturdiness and staying the right size and so on.

have fastidiously avoided that rose, its clonemama checked out quickly.

Pink Meidiland, what a great rose, though==coral pink, white eye,
very orderly, not a wild thing, no dieback.

Coral? I like the coral colour a lot, but in the Star Roses' site, this
rose looks red in the picture.

red eh? this one was a Paula rose I picked from a list.

From where are you getting this?

See, you failed to answer that. From where are you getting Fire Meidiland?

Jung's, sorry. there were 2 iterations of this post, I think there was
a blue screen somehow associated.

miniatures--planted so many, have so few. tough life around here.

Who are the survivors and is there a correlation between their colours
and their survival g?

no color correlation I've noticed.
the biggest problem is the pasture grass, K45, which grows on
the other side of the ditch. They don't like it, it's hard keeping a handle
on it. Out front there's Denver's Dream, Apricot Twist, Cafe Ole', Mountie,
Winsome, Palmetto Sunrise and Pierrine--I'd call them great roses, enduring
roses. Another rock solid unit is Chica Kordana, a throwaway rose, definitely
the hardiest mini on the plantation. None of these have any competition to
speak of, I guess that's the factor.