Old 31-03-2003, 05:08 PM
Terry Horton

Default HOA pounds lady over Wildscape - write Austin HB 645!

Jay, is there somewhere we can see what this Houston judge considers
to be the relevant restrictions in her HOA covenants?

For those who don't have a HOA, here's what our HOA covenants say
about landscaping:

"Landscaping work and planting in general do not require the approval
of the AC (Architectural Committee). However, the committee should be
able to provide advice on good landscaping. Trees, hedges and shrubs
which restrict sight lines for vehicular traffic shall be cut back or
removed.. Landscaping and planting should not unduly restrict the view
from other property."

....but then goes on to say approval must be sought for...

"unusual vegetation coverings or dense shelter belts".

We ignore it.