Old 31-03-2003, 07:44 PM
torgo

Default for Shiva - replacements for Mr. L (?)

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 12:43:31 -0500 (EST), "Shiva"
wrote:

Tell me, is the white part more white or cream
in full sun? There is a difference--perhaps there is more red when it is
in full sun?

I was surprised to see the bloom on mine when I bought it - the
pictures really don't represent the early stages of the bloom at all.
(I bought it in Florida a few weeks ago with one bloom already open.
A second opened while I was still there. Two more have opened since
I've been home, and there's still one more bud.)

When the bloom first opens, it's mostly white, with just a reddish
tinge around the edges. There is some cream in the center, but the
impression I get is more of a shadow effect rather than a difference
in color. The outer red ring takes over more and more as the bloom
ages. The first two blooms on mine lasted over a week when they were
finally knocked off by a severe rainstorm.

The only downside I'd see is having it so close to Scentimental - the
rings and stripes might clash, giving a polka-dots-with-plaid effect.