Old 14-07-2007, 02:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default something living in wrapped up blueberry leaves

Charlie wrote:
Hello all,

I started a blueberry plant (bluecrop) in a large planter early this
summer, its doing well, lots of new growth, but lately i've been
noticing some of the leaves are wrapped up with a web like substance,
it appears something is living inside some of them... any idea what
this could be? or if it will hurt my plant? The strawberry plant in
the next planter appears fine.

cheers,

- Charlie

back home (where i am originally from) we had writing spiders all in the
blueberry bushes. our bushes also had the curled up leaves/webby stuff.
don't know if the two were connected though. iirc, our bushes did fine
regardless.

rae