Old 17-07-2007, 07:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jane Doe Jane Doe is offline

Default Odd behaving Tomato

I have an odd behaving tomato bush, actually two. Two of them are Mr.Stripy
from HomeDepot which I put in the ground at the end of April with many other
varieties. Just yesterday, I noticed that the two Stripies have ZERO
fruit. Zero flowers. They are sitting in the same row as many other
varieties which have set fruit a long time ago which has already ripened.
All the tomatoes are planted in the same soil so it's not as if it's growing
in pure Nitrogen :*). I've never seen anything like it, but I'm curious how
this could happen and has anyone seen this kind of behavior from a tomato
plant before.

Any ideas?

-M