Old 19-07-2007, 04:16 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Smitty Smitty is offline

Default Topping off the pond

I just add city water with a sprinkler. I have done this for 20 years with no adverse affects. The less chemicals the better. Take care.

"Goldlexus" wrote in message news:7dtji.16$CJ4.10@trndny08...
We just use a hose and put de-clor. in at the same time. We top off about
once or twice a week depending on temps. Plus we may have a bit of a leak
somewhere. Anyway, we have koi and goldfish, with topping off a couple times
a week with the hose and de-clor. has not affected the water quality or the
fish. Pond is clear, fish are happy, pond is full

"Me" wrote in message
ups.com...
The water level in the bottom tier of the pond has dropped some with
the heat down here in the Southeast. I want to put some more in but
not sure of the best way. Can I put the hose in the pond and pour the
water conditioner in all at the same time or do I need to put the
water and conditioner in something separate (a trash can?), let it sit
for a little while and then pour it into the pond?