Old 20-07-2007, 05:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
raeannsimpson raeannsimpson is offline

Default Peace lily - newbie needs urgent help

On Jul 20, 10:55 am, Chris M wrote:
Hello All,
I had an indoor peace lily that was getting very crowded so I split it
and repotted it. A couple of the newer pots are doing very poorly and
quite looks like it's dying rather fast. One problem during the
repotting was that the roots were exposed to the air for about an
hour. Also they've probably been getting too much sunlight so I'll
move them away from the light a bit. Any suggestion about giving them
food or anything else I can do to help them recover? Thanks,
Chris

you do know not to touch the leaves of a peace lily, right? how big
was the plant before you repotted it? you are right about the
sunlight. in my experience, they don't care for it too much, just a
little in-direct light is good enough for them. i don't usually thin
out peace lillies, just move them up to a larger pot or basket.