Old 20-07-2007, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Peace lily - newbie needs urgent help

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:55:08 -0000, Chris M wrote:
Hello All,
I had an indoor peace lily that was getting very crowded so I split it
and repotted it. A couple of the newer pots are doing very poorly and
quite looks like it's dying rather fast. One problem during the

No, "food" won't do any good here (it's generally not a good idea to
fertilize a stressed plant, unless the stress truly is a mineral deficiency)

Have you been overwatering? Do the roots fill at least 2/3 of the
pot?

If the root ball is small in relation to the pot size, uproot them,
wash off the roots, and repot in a smaller pot with fresh soil.

It's fairly normal to loose a few leaves when splitting a plant, but
your trouble makes me think root rot, though I'm going more on gut feeling
than real evidence here.