Old 21-07-2007, 05:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
TOTB TOTB is offline

Default Hedge removal

nigel16 wrote:

No-one offereing any answers then?

One I paid a kid to dig out, awful job but it was gone.

The long one on the terrace, the kids took out by tying it to the back
of think it was a land cruiser back then; they may have dug around a
little, I don't remember. Nothing ever popped back again from it.

For years I left it in grass, now I have tomatoes there and next year
plan some roses and perennials. I can always grass it over again if I
want. A fence usually means concrete to anchor the posts, am tired of
that in my yard, hard to get out later. Probably most people leave it in.

The guy who used a little tractor to plow the strip for me was concerned
about concrete in post holes. I remembered where they were when we had
a fence, mostly not there. When he was done, I pulled a huge concrete
form out of there that was way older and the wrong shape for the fence
posts I ahd at the time.

Good riddance.