Old 21-07-2007, 06:43 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default looks like a raccoon visit - picture

In article . com,
chatnoir wrote:

On Jul 20, 10:20 pm, Chip wrote:
chatnoir wrote:

I Have my pond surrounded by four feet high chicken wire! On top of
that I have a frame and pond
netting covering the pond to about 6.5 feet high!
My grape vines look like your destroyed pond island; but they did not
break through the bird netting!

OK, I understand that we have encroached on nature and ponds should
expect some predators. But the above seems to me to be a little over
the top. Didn't most of us get into this situation because we wanted to
sit by the pond with a favorite beverage, and gaze upon our creation and
enjoy it.

Can you really see the pond with a 6.5 foot fence around it?

Chip

Not really! The pond is actually part of a cat enclosure! It is part
of a 30 by 60 foot enclosure! It keeps my cats interested! Otherwise
it keeps my cats from during their speciality out in nature - killing
or being killed! I think that helps the creations outside of the pond
and enclosure from being inflicted by 5 cats intent on killing or
being killed!

Lots of cats in our yard lately, and while they drink from the pond,
they leave the fish alone. Would be a different story if we have frogs
around here (and I won't introduce any).