Old 23-07-2007, 12:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Poison Ive and wells

Fred
This is a very good question.
It was once explained to me that if there may be a space around your well
pipe that a chemical could go directly down.

here is a site on pesticides. The links listed may have a better answer for
you. I do not get PI and maybe you could find somebody like me to pull the
PI. Which reminds me I forgot to pull some at one of my clients.

http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/spring.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"Fred" wrote in message
I have quite a bit of poison ivy growing near my well. I was considering
using an herbicide like Ortho or Roundup but I'm concerned about the
chemical getting into my drinking water. Does anyone know if using this
near a well should be a concern?

Thanks,
Fred