Old 23-07-2007, 02:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default Poison Ive and wells

"Fred" wrote in message
I have quite a bit of poison ivy growing near my well. I was considering
using an herbicide like Ortho or Roundup but I'm concerned about the
chemical getting into my drinking water. Does anyone know if using this

near
a well should be a concern?

Besides getting in your drinking water, Round-Up et.al. won't work. Sure
it will kill the leaves, but not the roots and it will grow back.
Numerous sites suggest several repeat applications, so you're taking a
risk without reward, except your $$$----- Monsanto.
If you must spray, horticultural vinegar will do the same as Round-Up,
still won't kill the roots (repeat applications again), it's expansive and
nasty stuff to breathe.
Pay someone to pull it, as suggested.