Old 23-07-2007, 03:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Poison Ive and wells

"Fred" wrote:
I have quite a bit of poison ivy growing near my well. I was considering
using an herbicide like Ortho or Roundup but I'm concerned about the
chemical getting into my drinking water. Does anyone know if using this near
a well should be a concern?

Round up will kill poison ivy completely but no brand of defoliant is
permanent, eventually poison ivy may invade again, it'll be different
plants. If you're concerned about leaching into your well you can
also use rock salt for controlling tough weeds. In any event I don't
think you need to concern yourself with contamination unless your well
is very shallow, like less than 20 feet. Just follow the directions.

http://www.roundup.com/index.cfm/eve...b20570cf00d81b