Old 01-04-2003, 06:44 AM
Robbin

Default HOA pounds lady over Wildscape - write Austin HB 645!

"animaux" wrote in message
Okay, I think some clarity is in order. While it's true she is certified

by the
state, she is certified BACKYARD Wildlife Habitat.

OK I've looked at the websites and I cannot find any reference to the fact
that they only certify backyards. "There are no size restrictions -
everything from 100-acre mini-ranches to city balconies to suburban
backyards are eligible for certification." The moto is "Texas is our
Backyard".

We are seeing photo's taken
in winter or when vegetation is not at its peak. In a sub-division this

can be
seen as a huge mess.

Obviously it was seen as a mess. "If every other yard in Sundown Glen was
like that, we would have snakes, armadillos ... and other creatures living
in them," Martin said. "That's not safe, and it's not healthy."

Will it ever be safe to live in Texas -- I mean all of the armadillos,
snakes, and such?

My backyard is World Wildlife Federation certified. However, the front is

kept
in a way which complies with how others maintain their properties. I have

far
more species of plants in the front, and each week I remove more turf and

put in
plants, but it is not complete with scraggly trees, Tarzan vines and the

like.

She has had 12 years to do her yard, you have only just begun at three. But
why should what you do with your yard have anything to do with what she can
do with hers? What is the problem with scraggly treess, vines, and the like
in the front yard?

What the story shows, in my opinion, is not fair to the other homeowners

and
their ability to maintain their property value.

Please provide references providing data that indicates that a naturalized
yard decreases property values.

In my backyard; whole 'nother story. Anything goes, and it does. By the

middle
of summer it is overrun with overgrown plants and weeds (though each year

there
are less and less because I pull them before seeds germinate and hand dig

out
the perennial weeds).

I admire Lisa for what she is trying to do, but in all due honesty she

should
contain the wild look to her backyard so people can maintain some

compliance
which compliments property value and curb appeal.

Victoria

Victoria

I've put my comments in this, but I really don't understand your
perspective. You seem to have stated that what you are doing will lower the
property values of your neighborhood, so you only do it in the backyard.
That is wrong! So what that they can't see her house from the street? How
does this affect property values? I challenge you to "prove" your points!
(friendly challenge :-)

Robbin