Old 23-07-2007, 07:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Pampas Grass -

In article ,
Amos Nomore wrote:

In article ,
"dyork" wrote:

Well I know for a "FACT" that it's NOT a nesting bird!
I come here for some help and all I seem to get is flack.
I always thought newsgroups were supposed to be helpful, but I guess not.

Some of those who have responded to your query have tried to help you to
realize that there may be compassionate alternatives to the killing you
have in mind for whatever is making a noise in your grass. If you
consider that to be flak, then you must be insensitive to the desires of
many gardeners to act as harmoniously with nature as is possible in
achieving their ends. Simply stating your question in a less militant
manner would likely have fostered more useful discussion.

Fearing the unknown and killing that which we do not understand is a
human problem of which many are becoming more acutely aware and weary.
I know you intended no harm in your question, but many of us can be
assumed to be concerned with its apparent thoughtlessness.

Amen!
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/