Old 23-07-2007, 11:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default ID Butterfly or moth

On 23/7/07 17:57, in article
, "Dave Poole"
wrote:

Sacha, that's the 'Jersey Tiger Moth', although it is found throughout
much of Europe and beyond. It is quite frequently seen in S. Devon
and is a fairly common visitor to my garden - more so than any other
Tiger moth.

Thanks, David. Bizarre though it sounds, I don't remember seeing it in
Jersey. Perhaps I was just extremely unobservant or lived in the wrong part
of the island. Anyhow 'my' moth took off this evening from the porch and
will, I hope, survive this vile weather. Ray says he's seen them around
here from time to time but I never have. Why does the French site describe
it as protected, do you know? From all this, it doesn't sound rare or
endangered, surely?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk