Old 23-07-2007, 11:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Cato Cheryl Cato is offline

Default Pampas Grass -

dyork wrote:
I have some Pampas Grass my back yard and I've noticed when I walk past it I
can hear an occasional popping noise. Well yesterday we were on my back
screened in porch and it sounded like popcorn popping coming from the pampas
grass. We heard it for about 3 minutes and then it stopped. Has anyone else
ever heard this kind of noise coming from their pampas grass? What kind of
critter is it and what do I treat my pampas grass with to kill whatever it
is?

Donna/N.C.

Here in Texas - grasshoppers are common culprits.

Cheryl
Burleson Co. TX
Zone 8b