Old 01-04-2003, 11:20 AM
China

Default Plants Toxic to Dogs

G'day,
I've never heard of any problems with bottlebrush, and with so many council
and private plantings, I'd be shocked if there were. A vet on the radio
said that dogs can react to a wandering jew allergy, causes skin problems.
Maybe there is a local dog\pet newsgroup where you could ask. The plant you
mention is the weeping bottlebrush, hardy, tough and reasonably drought
resistant. I've heard though, that to many bottlebrush and grevillias can
destabilize bird populations as many of the birds that love them can get
very territorial, evicting a lot of the smaller species.

China
Wingham
NSW