Old 24-07-2007, 09:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Odd behaving Tomato

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 06:54:01 -0700, Billy Rose
wrote:

just hang on and enjoy the ride. If they don't produce, don't plant them
again next year.

Not a true test Billy. Last year my Thessalonikas didn't produce well
at all, but the flavor was great, so I did one again this year. It's
loaded with greenies and am getting a few reds. The Old Germans have
much more fruit on them than last year. However, the Cherry Roma's did
better last year. Go figger.

Some years things just don't do well. Last year was a bad 'mater year
for a lot of people around here, low yields, and for no apparent reason
that anyone could figure.

FB - FFF
Charlie

Succinctly put mi amigo but if they don't produce at all, I would have a
hard time justifying the space in my garden. The more good traits they
have, the more likely I would replant them. Low production could be off
set but superior taste or a longer season but nothin', nada, nicht, zip.
You have a large heart. I don't think I'd be as generous.

FB - FFF
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/