Old 01-04-2003, 03:08 PM
350X_Rider

Default yellow labs = algae grazers = swords becoming lunch

This was the first time I had noticed it, and it's a 1.5 YO tank, had plants
in there from the beginning... and since this just happened, my thinking is
the lab caught sight of hte algae on the end and had a snack... never had a
problem until then...

"Frank Mamone" wrote in message
.. .
It's a well known fact that plants and cichlids don't go well together.

They
either uproot them or eat/destroy them.

If you want to keep plants with cichlids you should well with Java moss or
Java fern. I heard that it has a bitter taste which they don't like.

Regards,

Frank

"350X_Rider" wrote in message
I've got 2 Yellow Labs in a 29g, recenly planted 2 amazon swords....

I'm watching and waiting for the leaves to drop, and the new ones to

come
in... they are....

problem is, yesterday, I saw, I witnessed a yellow lab, tearing up one

of
the leaves that had some algae on the edges of the leaf... he just bit

it,
backed up and flinched and a piece of leaf came off in his mouth, he

spit
it
out, and went on to another piece of leaf.... what a buttmunch!!!

Does anyone else have a problem with yellow labs eating amazons? or any
plants in general???? or just ones that have algae on the tips????

THanks...