Old 29-11-2002, 08:49 PM
Tomes

Default My plan of attack on our English Ivy

I'd try to till it with a pitchfork or better and then yank out all the now
loosened roots.
Tomes

Anatase wrote in message
: I had ~900 sqf and it took me 2 weeks ridding all the layers of 300sqf of
: it. 1 year later I now have 650sqf to get rid of. I pulled the 300 sqf out
: by hand and ready to research a better alternative. I don't want to rent
: machinery as it's on a slope and would like to retain the stability. But I
: can walk the slope so Im proposing that I have a go at it with a gas weed
: eater with those heavy duty blades. Pull back the layers and start again.
: then yank out the master roots.
:
: Question here is will the gas weedeater with those blades or better be
: suitable for this attack?
:
: