Old 30-07-2007, 05:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Spider mites, over and over and over

In article ,
Jonathan Sachs wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 07:40:17 -0400, "Buderschnookie"
wrote:

If you could just bit the bullet for a bit and let your natural ecosystem
recover I think you would have far less problems.

I don't think the screened porch where these trees are kept has ever
had much of a natural ecosystem. If I were able to plant them in the
ground where trees belong, I'm sure the problem would go away. Until
that is possible, I will have to compensate for the artificial
environment with artificial pest controls.

Well whether you consider it natural or not, apparently the aphids do
(and where you find aphids, can the ants be far behind?). Why not
consider ladybugs or lacewings to restore natural balance to your
"screened" porch?

If you want chemicals, huffing would probably be a more efficient
delivery system.
--
FB - FFF

Billy