Old 31-07-2007, 07:37 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Steve is building a pond!

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 15:20:14 CST, bromster
wrote:

I have built serveral ponds, but I must admit that I have not built one
for quite a while. I have created a web sites
http://www.gardenfishpond.co.uk and have including some information
about planning a building a pond. Take a look it may be usefull to you.
If there are any errors then please let me know.

Hi Bromster,

You do have some nice information there, but to title it: The Complete
Garden Fish Pond Guide seemed a bit pretentious? There is nothing about
skimmers, bottom drains, or filters. Nor dealing with the many problems of
a garden pond, from green water to predators.

As you've mentioned you haven't built one for a long time, so you might
want to provide a link to the AKCA website www.akca.com and inform people
to click on Koi Health Advisor where they'll get a menu on detailed pond
construction. Granted it is over the top for most small garden ponds....
but how many think small and it gets bigger & bigger?

I know I always find it interesting that when a person gets friend
interested in a pond the non-ponding friend often ends up with a much
bigger pond. ;-) A possible maintenance nightmare without a skimmer &
bottom drain. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us