Old 31-07-2007, 09:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Glenna Rose Glenna Rose is offline

Default I'm sick of.....peas! What are you sick of?

writes:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:48:02 -0400, "Tim"
wrote:

Summer Squash and Zucchini.

I can't go over to my in-law's house without returning with a bushel

full.

I read a book that stated "the only time country folk lock their car
doors at church is during zucchini season".
Said it all for me.

I used to feel that way about zucchini, even said I'd *never* grow it.
When our children were young, it seemed like half the town gave us
zucchini, always, of course, overgrown!

I say "used to feel that way" because on this forum someone suggested
drying zucchini. Zucchini chips are delicious. If you are fortunate
enough to have a food processor, slice them with the thinnest slicing
blade, then dry in your food dehydrator. They will melt in your mouth.
This was the first time I ever actually like them. Since first trying
that, I've gone on to use very young (small) ones to saute, etc.

Glenna

BTW, my birdhouse gourd and luffa plants are finally growing, even have
multiple blossoms on the gourd that has been in the ground the longest.
Maybe this will be the year I have both, they all look very healthy.